Attention! This procedure is NOT recommended if OEM NOx sensor is installed.
Required: INPA for F series; MSD87 loader for N54, version 3.700
1. Connect the data cable or iCOM to the car, turn on INPA, choose MSD87 for N54
2. In the Main menu, choose Service modules, pressing F6
3. In the Service modules menu, choose to delete of the adaptations, pressing F3
4. Choose the 2-nd group
5. Press F6: delete all adaptations (status: Engine OFF, Ignition ON)
6. open Rough run menu ../F5/F7. Learnbit has to be uncolored. If Learnbit is colored (black), repeat service procedure from the beginning.
Create the flywheel adaptations:
7. turn on the engine, drive with a car with speed 100 .. 120km/h on even road
Attention: the car may run unevenly! If EML (check engine) symbol appears on KOMBI and increased/incorrect idle is observed:
- turn off the engine; turn on the ignition;
- slowly press and release the accelerator pedal three times;
- start the engine;
8. shift to the 4-th gear
9. slow down the car with an engine, not pressing the brake pedal, till the INPA menu learnbit becomes colored (black)
10. if the learnbit is not colored until when the sped drops to 40 .. 50km/h, repeat points 7 .. 9
When the flywheel adaptations are created (learnbit is colored)
11. switch off and on the engine
12. leave the car in idle for 3 .. 5 minutes
13. drive with a car with a speed of 50 .. 90km/h for 3 .. 5 minutes
14. repeat points 12 and 13 for 3 .. 5 times
15. Check the initial adaptations:
a) open ../F5/F6
b) multiplicative type adaptations should be within -24 .. +24 % range and different from 0.00;
c) offset type adaptations should be within -1.49 .. + 1.49 mg/stk range and different from 0.00.
-1.50 mg/stk: problems with leaking injectors;
+1.50 mg/stk: problems with air-tightness of the intake manifold.
16. Recheck error message memory, clear if necessary.
17. Next few times, when starting the cold engine:
a) allow the engine to run idle at least for 5 minutes;
b) drive with longer driving sessions with even RPM and torque when possible.
With this, the creating of initial adaptations can be considered as complete.