Encoding NOx catalytic converter replacement, using ISTA D
- Start new session in ISTA D, perform the identification of vehicle and a test:
2. open menu Vehicle management:
3. open menu Service function:
4. open sub-menu Power train, press Start search:
5. open sub-menu Engine Electronics:
6. open sub-menu Nitrogen oxide catalytic converter:
7. choose the option Exchange nitrogen oxide catalytic converter, press Start Search:
8. choose the option Nitrogen oxide catalytic converter: Replacement, press Display:
9. open sub-menu Replacing the nitrogen oxide catalytic converter:
10. choose the option Replacing the nitrogen oxide catalytic converter, follow the directions of ISTA D (confirm deleting of adaptations and encoding of new NOx catalytic converter):
Delete error messages, using ISTA D
From main menu select Display Fault memory, then press Delete Fault memory.
After clearing error message memory Engine Management System (MSD80) will start to create new adaptations (STFT, LTFT, ignition and knock sensors, throttle valve, Lambda sensors, etc. adaptations).
Create new adaptations
a) Car must be at operating temperature/warm;
b) drive vehicle 50 – 60 mph (80 – 100 km/h) with 2000 – 2500 RPM for at least 15 min (use manual shift, if needed);
c) let vehicle idle for about 5 min;
d) perform at least 2 – 3 drive/idle cycles if possible;
e) recheck mixture adaptation values.
Note: when adaptations are cleared, following error messages* can appear immediately:
- error messages relating DSC. Solution: drive 10 – 15 min, switch off/on ignition;
- error messages relating throttle. Solution: turn on ignition, press and release accelerator pedal for 3 times, then start the engine.
During adaptation process (after old adaptations have been cleared) some error messages* can appear:
- error messages relating fuel trim (bank and/or cylinders individually);
- insufficient performance of CO catalytic converters;
- Lambda probes (trim and/or signal);
- uneven run (Stratified charge and/or Homogeneous injection).
*these error messages in the exact situation do not indicate any problems with the engine performance.
After new adaptations are completed (after 5 – 8 driving sessions for cold/warm engine, at least 200 – 300 km), check the new adaptations and clear error message memory using INPA or ISTA D, if necessary.