As my understanding says, that chip tuning is not possible for DME for the last two decades; my only option for the BMW F32 LCI model – Performance and Sound kit offered by BMW AG.
This is what the kit promises:

After installing the kit, the torque and max power will increase by around 10%. It is not a lot (if we say it nicely), but – it is what the manufacturer can offer (obviously, the stupid manufacturer can not realize the potential of this engine, unlike all chipsers of all levels around the world – sorry for my sarcasm). On another side – now the power/torque will be identical as for the G series M400i and the torque in the range of average RPM – as for Porche 911.2 (Carrera S).

Content of the kit:

a. exhaust pipe;
b. exhaust ”bundle”;
c. exhaust valves, 2 pieces (now they are for both exhaust openings);
d. little things: wireset for the valves, fasteners, stickers;
e. code for FSC code request.

In addition, you have to choose one of two options for the exhaust nozzles – shiny “chrome” or carbon. Yes, the carbon ones look nice (at least in the pictures):

But in real life, this beauty will soon disappear. Pay an extra EUR 400 for several selfies – I decided not to.

Short technical note
As we see in the graph above:
a. in the RPM range to 1500 RPM, nothing changes – in this RPM range, the wastegate is closed, turbo aggregate works “on full” (read – zero) power, and contribution of the kit is 0;
b. in the RPM range of 1500 .. 5000 RPM, DME maintains slightly higher max boost pressure, ensuring torque of 500 Nm;
c. in the range of 5000 .. 7000 RPM, the wastegate is (almost – only the reserve for harsh driving conditions remains) closed, turbo aggregate turns with max speed, and an increase of torque (around 10%) is ensured, thanks to the new exhaust.

According to the torque curve, we can clearly see in which RPM range which component of the kit gives better performance. The conclusion is simple – no (correct) torque increase is possible in the range of 5000+ RPM without changing the exhaust (exactly in range when the petrol engine is used for “sporty” driving). The Installation Instruction mentions that the recommended fuel grade after installing the kit is 98, minimal – 93 (accordingly, petrol of 92-nd quality can not be used).

Let’s come back to the purchase of the kit itself. The dealer’s sales manager offered (without additional discount/bargaining) a symbolic discount of 10%, which did not mean something significant from the list price of around EUR 5000. I decided to be proud and respect our special relationship status. This time, a much better offer came from the certified service center Wess Select. Yes, the center found out the actual receiver of the kit only later, but still, I have to add – they offered an excellent price for the installation itself. Thank you to the managers, mechanics, and electricians who performed the installation and programming of the kit!

Several nuances which I found noteworthy:
a. before “chipping up” the DME, the integration of the car was increased to the newest one (there is a special remark in the appropriate Installation Instruction);
b. during the “chipping up” of the DME, all DME adaptations were deleted. Unfortunately, as usual, TIS has no remarks regarding the necessity to re-adapt the engine.

First impression after installing the kit.
The exhaust is thunderous. If it wouldn’t be an OEM solution, I would feel bad. Now, this is not an everyday car you can drive inconspicuously. In Sport mode: the slightest touch to the accelerator pedal – consider that people will pay attention. The situation is even more exaggerated by non-stop “popcorn” in Overrun mode. The sound of the exhaust (inside the car) is pleasant, basso. True, though, only later will I be able to tell how annoying it is during longer drives – now the exhaust can be heard even at speeds 80 – 100 km/h.
One more exciting nuance: in the 1st gear, the torque is limited by the mark of 420 Nm. Obviously, to spare the car’s rolling part (gearbox, junction box, differentials, axles). Btw, later inspection revealed that despite the fully closed WG, the turbocharger could not develop full/necessary pressure for higher torque.
Second important nuance – in Sport mode, much more pronounced slippage of the rear wheels is allowed before the front wheels are connected. I detected this nuance without torturing the engine (at first, I will perform a correct re-adaptation of the engine), simply switching from 1st to 2nd gear.

Confirmation that the kit is installed:
a. plastic logo on the decorative cover of the engine;
b. sticker with at dealer’s code and the date of installation on the inner side of the engine hood;
c. printed certificate with all requisites of the service center;
d. when checking the car assembly via ISTA, the appropriate remark is added (at the end of the list);
e. VO, when checking the Online servers, is updated (this/upgrade process can take 24/48 hours);
f. NBT menu Performace monitor max values are changed. Now max power is 400 hp (was 360 hp)/320 kW (was 240 kW); torque 560 Nm (was 480 Nm).

In the image – an additional sticker (to be installed on the “sides” of the car) and a sticker that should be put on the engine hood:

Performance meters menu:

And so the new exhaust looks. If inspecting more closely, you can see ///M symbols engraved on the exhaust pipes:

This is my most useless purchase, both in price/performance and in price in absolute numbers. But – what can you do if age goes before common sense…