(1) Software upgrade of the existing release using ISTA P: The service data status ”Button designation: improve operational smoothness conversion” must be programmed via the ”conversation” path;
(2) Software upgrade using ISTA P;
(3) Software upgrade using winKFP (flashing of the correct software release, regardless FR);
(5) Checking for misfire counters. Description here;
(6) Replacement of the ignition coil. Additional information here.
TOP 19 reasons of rough run and 3104
- Most popular hidden cause: problems with NOx sensor and/or NOx catalytic converter. Detailed description here and here;
- Specific defect of NOx sensor – no related error messages stored. Detailed information here and here;
- All technical problems fixed, error messages deleted, but problem with uneven run, fuel trim remains. Description of situation here;
- MSD80 hardware problem. Snubbers of ignition coils. Description here. How to replace ignition coils – read here;
- 3104 error on uneven road. Investigation here. How to interpret misfire counters. Read here;
- 3104 error. When algorithm fails. Description here;
- 3104 and proper software release. Read here, here and here;
- Problems with fuel adaptations. Incorrectly coded injectors. Read here;
- Unstable operation and rough run at idle. Problems with crankcase ventilation valve. Read here;
- Problems with increased emissions, increased fuel consumption – defect of thermostat. Read here and here (end of article);
- 3104 error message without any reason. Read here (end of article);
- Increased misfire counters for 1st cylinder. Data logging. Read here (end of article);
- Software bugs of MSD80. TOP 10 here;
- N53. Problem of 3rd cylinder. Read here;
- Cold engine and problems of injectors. Read here.
- Rough run. VANOS. Read here.
- Problems with fuel pressure. Read here.
- Rough run at idle. Remaining disbalance. Read here.
- Problems with oil or fuel pressure, water pump, etc. Read here.